Members register as Library Members to use the Library facilities and will be charged RM3.20 per person per month.
2. OPENING HOURS
8.30am to 9.00pm daily
3. NUMBER OF BOOKS THAT CAN BE BORROWED
The maximum number of books a child can borrow each time are limited to three (3) books. Special Category books a child can borrow are limited to two (2). The maximum number of books an adult can borrow each time are limited to three (3). Adult cards cannot be used to borrow children’s books and vice versa. Special category books are limited to two (2) per Club account.
4. PERIOD OF LOAN
The period of loan is three (3) weeks. For special category books, the period of loan will be one (1) week. A verbal reminder by phone will be given in the week following the date due and a written reminder will be given two (2) weeks after the due date.
5. FINES FOR OVERDUE BOOKS AND LOST BOOKS
A. Penalties charged are not refundable.
· 20 sen per book per day for three (3) weeks and thereafter the book(s) will be considered lost and charged to the member’s account at double the cost of the book(s).
· 50 sen per book per day for Special Category books for 2 weeks and thereafter the book(s) will be considered lost and charged to the member’s account at double the cost of book(s).
B. Any member who takes out from the Library; books, magazines, periodicals without conforming to club Library borrowing procedure shall be subject to Club Rule 20 Disciplinary Proceedings.
6. MAGAZINES AND PERIODICALS
Past issues taken off the magazine rack may be borrowed. The terms of borrowing and fines for books will apply.
Members / Parents are responsible for children below 12 years who are not able to use the Library unsupervised. The Librarian on duty should not be asked to ‘keep an eye’ on children below 12 years while parents are somewhere else.
8. DAMAGE TO BOOKS, MAGAZINES AND LIBRARY FACILITIES
Users of the library are reminded that in the event of proof of willful damage to books and library facilities, the cost of repair or replacement will be charged to the member’s account.
The following are not allowed in the Library.
· Food and beverage
· Large bags
· Radios, cassette players and other sound making equipment.
Every user of the library shall maintain the decorum as expected of any library user in addition to complying with these bye-laws, any offender, after suitable oral warning may be expelled from the Library premises and banned from using the Library facilities for such appropriate periods.
11. AMENDMENTS TO THE BYE-LAWS
The Management Committee may from time to time, add to, alter and repeal Bye-Laws for the regulation of the affairs of the club. Such Bye-laws so made, added to, altered or repealed shall come into operation and binding on members after they have been posted in the club premises for fifteen days.